Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Lisbon #11

Eggs 
I love eggs. I will eat them any way and at any time of the day. Growing up I ate them soft boiled, hard boiled, fried and scrambled. My favorite egg as a grown up is the poached egg. It's hard to make but delicious. Eggs Benedict is a poached egg raised to the highest elevation. 

Our hotel in Lisbon is beautiful. At breakfast there is a wide display of fruit and meats plus cereal and cheese. There is no menu but you just tell the water what you want and they will cook it for you. Yesterday I had a delicious poached egg on a piece of toast. So today I decided to be adventurous and order Eggs Benedict. Here is what it should have looked like...

Here is what I got...

It wasn't bad but it also wasn't good. 

But what they lack in American breakfast cuisine they make up for in the view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...