Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy Earth Day Landscaping Changes

It’s Earth Day so we are moving earth all over!  Actually we are totally redoing our landscaping because...We had a problem with all our fir trees so they had to come out. Last year we had a leaky pool and had to dig up parts of our current landscape plan. Our decorative wall in the front yard was falling over. All of these reasons and many others have brought us to a big remodel. If you know us, you know we love to remodel so this should not be a surprise!
This beautiful tulip tree is falling over. It’s coming down which makes me very sad. I love this tree it has the prettiest pink tulip like flowers. Unfortunately it is a very massy tree, is the last to drop its leaves in the fall, is fighting for sun with our other trees and is leaning toward the street. 

We cleaned up the garden to get ready for planting. I found these spring onions! They have already been added to yummy fried rice!


My videos are not working (I’ll work on that!) but the picture above was from last year when we painted the house. Those trees are all gone. The hostas are still there but will be replanted on the side of the house.  Here is what the house looks like today. 


This is my house right now. It looks naked. On the right side of the house is a giant pile of hosta. I’ve told all my friends they are welcome to take as many as they want. I have way too many. 94 to be exact! They are being dug out with a back hoe and it’s a good thing because they are huge.  I brought 5 hosta to this house in 1997. Those 5 were offshoots of plants at my house in Knoxville whose plants were offshoots of plants at my house in Morristown which were offshoots of hosta at my first home in Crystal Lake. When we moved into that house in 1987 it already had hosta growing in the beds. My mother in law took some so she had them in her yard too in Chicago. I guess you can say that the hosta in my yard are descendants of the plants at our first house. I loved our first house. I think I’ll write about that house tomorrow. Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...