Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Macarons

Macarons are notoriously hard to make. I have never really tried to be a French baker but I have definitely enjoyed eating them. They are sold everywhere (even Aldi) but the most famous provider of macarons is a beautiful store called Laduree. Wikipedia calls it a “French luxury bakery”.  Translation = expensive cookie store. I have been to Laduree locations in London, Zurich and Paris. I can now boast that the best macarons are made right in my own kitchen. Coronavirus led the kids to have extra home time and extra cooking time. They made 3 batches of macarons with one even being gluten free and egg free. Amazing!!
Gluten free and egg free strawberry macarons. The  meringue is actually made  with the water from a can of chic peas. I know it sounds gross but it works!


Chic pea meringue 

Lemon macarons. My favorite!





Vanilla macarons filled with 3 different buttercream flavors. Very very good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...