Monday, April 6, 2020

Old projects...

While being stuck in the house I’ve done a lot of things I’ve been putting off. I cleaned my closet, washed the kitchen cabinets and tidied up the kitchen drawers. I also got out my old craft projects. There are soooooo many half complete knitted hats, needlepoint pillows and stamped cards. Now is a great time to get going on things that need finishing!

Our first project came together quite quickly.  We had been saving up our wine corks to make this tray.  It is so pretty!




The hardest part was finding a pattern that worked in the space provided.  Once the pattern was set, the corks went into place quickly.  The actual tray was a little wonky and had to be sanded down so the clear cover could slide over the corks.  The system was similar to a picture frame.  In the end it came out very nice!

For my next project I decided to tackle this needlepoint pillow. It’s barely been started!

I only had one skein of yarn and I was very concerned it would not be enough to finish the entire outer edge of the canvas needlepoint.  I messaged my cousin Debbie for advice.  She is a very knowledgeable crafter and quilter.  When I was little I always thought she was so cool because she had a horse!  She came to visit us in Illinois all the way from Arizona when I was about 12 and taught me how to cross stitch.  It was a craft I perfected and loved for many many years.  Debbie's advice about the needlepoint was to start in the middle and go toward the outer edge as yarn permitted.  I will post more photos as I progress.  The great thing about this needlepoint project is that there is absolutely no thought involved so I can work a little and put it down then pick it up again with very little thought.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That is cool to know I taught you how to cross stitch. I, of course, have no memory of this.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...